We are Aunt Lute Books, a non-profit press located in San Francisco. 2012 marks the 25th anniversary of Gloria Anzaldua’s Bordelands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza and we are launching our first ever Kickstarter campaign to help keep this vital queer Chicana text in print and distribution.
Recently, Borderlands/La Frontera, along with a great number of other works, has been challenged and restricted as a text in Arizona public schools. We know the people who are actively working to ban Ethnic and Raza studies are also working to ban this text is because Borderlands is a site of inspiration, friction, sparks, change for young queer people of color…
Since its first publication, Borderlands/La Frontera has educated and inspired countless artists, students, and academics. Named by Ms. Magazine as one of the top 100 greatest feminist books and having received countless other instances of praise, the trajectory and impact of this book cannot be measured in its entirety. Your contribution to our publishing of the fourth edition of Borderlands means the potential to spark powerful projects, movements, and personal transformations far beyond its physical printing.
As a small, non-profit multicultural women’s press staffed with part-time employees, we understand on multiple levels what tough economic times mean. We know that many folks are not able to donate, and we don’t want to put economic strain on the very communities we come from and seek to support. Historically, Kickstarters have been funded with very small donations. Every small bit helps, and every amount is appreciated. Signal boosts on tumblr, facebook, twitter, and listservs are all greatly appreciated; and here you can find a page of internet and print promotional images.
Please help us get the word out so we can raise our goal of $10,000 by July 28th. Remember, Kickstarter is all-or-nothing, so every small bit counts! Follow us on tumblr or facebook for updates on our campaign and news relating to our mission and titles. And check out our Kickstarter page to hear more of our story. Thanks!
- super-villains reblogged this from lati-negros
- bergerfelix reblogged this from noirdeoro
- bergerfelix likes this
- noirdeoro reblogged this from otherworldvermin
- dreamcatz92 likes this
- chavelitalanegrita likes this
- happydisolutionment reblogged this from transartorialism
- transartorialism likes this
- laborreguitina reblogged this from sourdemon
- carambamamba reblogged this from lati-negros
- soloerescris reblogged this from lati-negros
- annihilatedthinking reblogged this from nitanahkohe
- lobitalolita likes this
- nitanahkohe reblogged this from lati-negros
- nitanahkohe likes this
- lati-negros reblogged this from auntlutebooks
- cvntwaffles reblogged this from tofuboots
- searchingforknowledge reblogged this from dreaminginspanish
- tangtrotro reblogged this from tofuboots
- tofuboots reblogged this from dreaminginspanish
- dreaminginspanish reblogged this from auntlutebooks and added:
- auntlutebooks posted this